Saturday, July 27, 2013

Devastated

I wrote this post when Daniel was just a few weeks old, but forgot to post it, I think it is still timely...
It's been a tough week for me... Emotionally I am trying to be strong, but I find those quite moments when crying is what I need.  I look at my precious newborn and my lovely 3 year old and feel so blessed, yet my heart aches for my dear friend and colleague.  About two weeks ago, she went to the doctor regarding the lingering cough that never went away.  One chest x-ray and a diagnosis of stage 4 lung cancer and it has reached the brain.  I am devastated.  She is one of those people that I connected with during my first year as a mentor.  Extremely gifted as an educator and overall just a fun person.  I have loved working with her over the past 5 years. This year as our caseloads were so high, she took over one of my new teachers.  He is a great teacher and I still enjoy visiting his room since I have several others at his school.  It's always a treat when I run into her at the school.  I feel helpless and broken.  I wish I could do something, anything to make the pain for them go away.  I can't.  But I can pray, write notes, send emails, and do other little things to let her know how much I care.  I am so broken by this, but for now I must move forward and share love!

No comments: