Saturday, September 28, 2013

Teeth, 7 months and more

*Well, it's been an interesting few weeks.  Two weeks ago after much battle ( REALLY long story) and craziness we were able to get Andrew's cavity fixed! The new dentist was amazing and Andrew did so well.  When we had originally scheduled it with his pediatric dentist the assistant told me that he would have a root canal, etc. etc. and have to come in an hour early to drink the sedative!  Mind you, I never once heard any of this from the dentist and was required to sigh all of these random papers too... I was uneasy about the whole thing, so through various recommendations I found a new dentist.   Thankfully this new dentist just used laughing gas and half-hour later the cavity was fixed and Andrew was good to go. He was more excited about the cool prize he got (a truck) and the one he avoided (an animal that eye's pop out) cause he knew I would be scared of it...   I learned an important lesson that just because it's a well-known pediatric dentist, doesn't mean they are patient friendly and to go with your gut...
*I was invited to a Doppleganger party.  Now mind you the only person I look like is Candace Cameron circa 1980s.  So I finally asked a dear friend who recommended Princess Kate!  (Thank you ERIN)  I loved the idea so I made a Fascinator hat, bought nude heels, and pulled together an outfit!  My favorite part was this conversation with Andrew...
"Mom, you are going to a party without me ?" (picture sad Andrew face)
"Yes, it's just for girls"
"But mom, I am a big fan of girls!"    Yes, you are son, yes you are... Oh boy...



No comments: